CA Summer Camps
Watch a brief video tutorial on our unique scheduling:
Colorado Academy (CA) has offered summer activities for Denver metro area youth since 1951. Young people come from as far as Castle Rock, Evergreen, and Parker. A sizable number of them are not students at CA during the academic year.
Summers at CA are much less formal. There is plenty of time for fun while being challenged intellectually, physically, or both. A top-notch staff conducts all of the camps which cover a wide array of subject matter and activities.
With a wide variety of offerings from computers to circus, day camp to lacrosse, rock climbing to photography, computer graphics to outdoor ice skating, there truly is something at CA in the summer for every school-age individual.
At CA Summer Programs, we recognize that every child is unique, so it’s our goal to provide a wide variety of programs that appeal to the unique personalities of every camper. Please read through some of our suggestions for scheduling that are listed below to facilitate the scheduling and registration process. Our goal is to make the scheduling process as easy as possible, so please do not hesitate to call our office at 303-914-2531 if you require assistance.
Mix and Match Camps:
Our camps can be viewed as a la carte offerings that can be combined to create a fully customized schedule for your child. Combine Day Camp blocks and specialty camps to create the perfect day for your child. Full day specialty programs are also available. Custom schedules require a little more planning, but it’s worth it!
1. Click on the grade that your child will enter in the fall (Link is located in the green box to the right) to view the programs and descriptions that are available each week. Remember that you can combine all partial day programs (including day camp blocks) to create a fully customized schedule for your child. For easier scheduling, print off the schedule for the weeks that you require and and check off the programs that wish to register for. If you prefer a hard copy of the camp schedules, please click here.
**If you are looking for a specific camp, you can enter the registration system directly and search for the title of the camp program. We recommend using the PDF if you will mix and match camps.
2. Click on the “Register Now” button and enter our registration system. Use the unique course number that is provided on your scheduling PDF to search for each program. Enter each program into the cart, complete the forms and deposit, and wait for summer to begin!
A Summary of our Programs
Day Camp is our anchor camp program for 6- to 12-year-olds and a great way to experience CA Summer Programs-especially for the first time! The day is broken up into four blocks of time, our Block system, with exciting activities to keep your child busy and engaged all day. Register for all four blocks to create a full day. Lunch is included. Day Camp for five-year-olds is called Rainbow Day Camp. Our Apprentice Counselor Program for 13- to 15-year-olds is also part of Day Camps.
Denver Specialty Camps
Specialty camps range from 1.5 to 6.5 hours (also on the Block system) and include the following areas of interest: Academic, Arts, Imagination, Mustang Sports and Adventure Sports. They focus on more specific fields of study or interest and are geared toward kids who really want to “dig in” to the activity.
Mix & Match Camps
Using the Block system, Day Camp and specialty camps can be combined to create a custom schedule for your child.
Location & Amenities
CA’s campus consists of 94 acres of beautiful Colorado countryside in southwest Denver and includes:
- Seven-to-one overall camper-to-staff ratio
- Eight tennis courts and racquets for use
- Baseball diamond
- Four computer labs
- Studio arts workrooms
- Vocal and instrumental music facility
- Photography studio
- Digital media lab
- Red Cross-accredited swim program and staff
- Archery field and equipment
- Five large playing field
Colorado Academy is a Pre-K through 12th independent school with a 21st century approach to excellence in education. A dynamic liberal arts and sciences program that challenges students ethically, academically, artistically, and athletically creates the foundation of Colorado Academy. Teachers, students, parents, and staff foster trusting and respectful relationships, enhancing our thriving school family. Students pursue excellence and seek to become life-long learners and contributors in our local and international communities. Visit www.coloradoacademy.org for more information.